Welcome to our ranch near Canada's west coast in Beautiful British Columbia's West Chilcotin mountain region. Where calling the vet means hollering back at the house to bring your kit, new friendships are formed from the back of a horse and true fun for a five year old is getting a machete for Christmas. Where 'cutting the dinks off' has a totally different meaning than what first comes to mind, Muck Boots are a household name, a hand shake still means something and the coffee is always on.

Friday 7 August 2015

Off again....

Well, we are off again to the  mountains.  There won't be any posts in between now and the 18th...  I simply don't have time.  (Last time, I wrote the post and scheduled when they went out....nope, no satellite internet in the mountains!)  There is company sleeping in my office tonight so can't even pull a late one.  4 am comes too early anyhow.

I have had a couple of questions lately that I will expand on at a later date.  One question was about what and how we packed food for the mountains.  I'll take photos this time.  Mum has it down to an absolute science.  

Another question was about the haying process, so I'll get in to a wee bit more detail about that as well.  No question the crew will still be at it when we get home!  

So for tonight I'll leave you with some photos of the beautiful country we are about to head in to.  

And thank you, everyone, for the good wishes about buying the 5 Mile Ranch.  I'm still not totally sure if 'congratulations' or 'condolences' are more appropriate!  But we are excited anyhow.....

So enjoy your week everyone, and I look forward to catching up on our return.  

All the best,
Punky  

Pan Valley

Pipe Organ Mountains

Camp Time 



Pan Valley 

   

No comments: