Welcome to our ranch near Canada's west coast in Beautiful British Columbia's West Chilcotin mountain region. Where calling the vet means hollering back at the house to bring your kit, new friendships are formed from the back of a horse and true fun for a five year old is getting a machete for Christmas. Where 'cutting the dinks off' has a totally different meaning than what first comes to mind, Muck Boots are a household name, a hand shake still means something and the coffee is always on.

Monday 28 March 2016

26th, 27th, 28th

This is my second run at providing my photos of the day tonight.  As you'll notice happens quite often, the latest story gained momentum and now I can't slow it down.  
But my eyelids keep slamming shut even as I sit in front of the computer so I will attempt to finish that one tomorrow.  Obviously I need some sleep.    

And so for tonight I'll send you my photos of the last few days.....
I've been trying to restrain from just straight 'cow' photos, but that's not easy as they are pretty much my total view at the moment!  But not for much longer......or at least I will have the ears of a horse in my camera lens as well! 

March 26th
The only photo I took that day.  Bad me.  Was warm but grey so not even a very good view.  This is the last trip for the 'later calvers' to the home site.  They have been fed up on the meadow (with 'closest to calving' sorted out at least once a week).  We are nearing the home stretch!  Yes....still snow.  Spring in Anahim Lake.....  Some are mowing lawns....us not so much.

March 27th
We really did get a nasty little splash of fresh snow.  The boys are the only ones who enjoyed it.  Sure makes the corrals nasty and sloppy quick!  

 

March 28th
Uncle Charley put up the ZIP LINE at the ranch!  "some assembly required" alright.....HA!  They might have mentioned it also requiring a talented uncle, a full days work, a chainsaw, boards, screws, a tractor, shavings, and a whole lot of head scratching.
But pure fun, for the fun of it.


Take care all! 
Cheers,
Punky   

No comments: