Welcome to our ranch near Canada's west coast in Beautiful British Columbia's West Chilcotin mountain region. Where calling the vet means hollering back at the house to bring your kit, new friendships are formed from the back of a horse and true fun for a five year old is getting a machete for Christmas. Where 'cutting the dinks off' has a totally different meaning than what first comes to mind, Muck Boots are a household name, a hand shake still means something and the coffee is always on.

Sunday 10 April 2016

April 7th to 10th

 April 7th
We trimmed all the horses today.  Or at least the older herd.  They are looking amazing, and sure enjoying this crazy early spring.  (No complains from me either!)  This first photo is an action shot of one of my favorite friends "Ducky" getting rid of some winter hair!  
April 7th
Cody nibbling some green shoots.  The Itcha Mountains are in the background.  

April 8th
Curious Ash.  

April 9th
Ben's Birthday!  And what a cake Amy has created. 

Trampoline Fun

April 19th
Bree and Dealer double timing it beside the quad.  Don't worry, I wasn't driving and shooting.....Grandma had the wheel.  

 April 10th
What a beautiful day.  Mum and I scooted over to Five Mile to have a good look at the bulls.  They are all fat and sassy and ready for spring!  And what a view.  Again, those are the Itcha Mountains in the background.   

I know that many other places are experiencing the same thing, but we are sure shocked at how warm this spring has been.  If things don't change, I'll be whining soon enough, but right now, I'm just enjoying!  Traded my Muckboots for my Ariats already.....can't kick on that!  

Cheers all!
Punky    



No comments: