Welcome to our ranch near Canada's west coast in Beautiful British Columbia's West Chilcotin mountain region. Where calling the vet means hollering back at the house to bring your kit, new friendships are formed from the back of a horse and true fun for a five year old is getting a machete for Christmas. Where 'cutting the dinks off' has a totally different meaning than what first comes to mind, Muck Boots are a household name, a hand shake still means something and the coffee is always on.

Thursday 23 July 2015

Smoke Valley

Well I could be off by a day or so, as it depends a bit on our guests wishes and abilities, but I think we will be in Smoke Valley today, for our second night.  We will be starting to think about a hot shower, but sad that the trip is coming to an end.  I will be very much looking forward to seeing my little family again.  Hopefully the weather is as good as was in the forecast  when I wrote this, and that the guys are having good luck with their start up to haying!
I look forward to writing about our adventures on the trip, but for now I better get to bed.   That early start is going to be here awfully soon!
Cheers all.  

 Haying the "Sidehill"

My lovely niece Kara.  

 Hungry Ponies 

  Smoke Valley, Tabletop Mountain.  

Bringing the ponies in for the night.  


No comments: